Global Leadership Committee
Come be apart of a company that gives you a platform to do something AMAZING! Our Committee Board are global contributors. We believe in the mission and see the vision – which makes our team that much sweeter.
Globally Abroad is developing a leadership team of committee volunteers that’ll play a major role in who we are as a business. They will serve as the key characters and the foundation of Globally Abroad to help bring awareness and structure the company to reach its full potential.
As a new start-up company, there is much to accomplish and we’re excited about the work we are doing here at Globally Abroad. We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and creative committee volunteers who’d like us, want to make a mark on this world and in the lives of young minorities.
We’re seeking creators, educators, administrators and even encouragers with a range of experience in the following areas: travel & tourism, youth development, international affairs, business development, and marketing. The following committee departments & roles will wholeheartedly believe in the vision and mission and will be the backbone of Globally Abroad:
Business Development Committee – shape the strategic vision for the organization, create and implement strategies to advance the organization
- Secure funding, grants & partnership while managing business relationships with partners
- Develop and support overall operations procedures, policies, and systems
- Establish and manage international affairs, health and safety policies
- Collaborate with the “Program Director” to establish and maintain health and safety policies
Program Operations Committee – Articulates the program’s strategy and objectives and assesses how it will impact the company while overseeing the overall operations of Globally Abroad programs and curriculum
- Design the abroad program’s curriculum that complies with the international health and safety policies
- Develop “program leader” fundamentals and recurring training
- Manage and leads the participants and programs (while abroad)
- Educate and support participants in the onboarding on health and safety, prevention and smart traveling
- Support parents while participants are abroad
Marketing & Communications Committee – promote and build awareness to Globally Abroad via social media, email campaign, and community outreach (schools, universities and youth organizations)
- Help design a marketing and communication strategy through the company branding and public profile (digital and print content, etc.)
- Manage and grow the company’s presence on all social media platforms and other digital outlets such as email marketing, etc.
- Identify and attend community outreach events, conferences, etc.
Finance & Administration Committee – responsible for the overall budgeting, administration, and accounting records of the company
- Manage company expenses and revenues
- Maintain business relationships with external suppliers while guaranteeing deposits are submitted in a timely manner, and bookings and tour/program dates are confirmed
- Handle program receivables – ensure payments are received and posted to the participant’s account
Skills, Qualities, and Qualifications
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A driving passion for our mission: to transform the lives of minority teens and young adults into global citizens, by way of international travel
- Strong, professional written and verbal skills and the ability to interact with well with participants, partners, cross-functional departments alike
- High proficiency in computer applications such as Slack, Asana, and Google Drive with the ability to quickly learn new software
- At least a 12-month commitment to the organization demonstrating flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to quickly adapt to the continual changes of a start-up company
- A background/experience (professional or personal) and a strong interest to work and thrive in the following fields:
- Youth Development
- Travel & Event Planning
- Marketing, Social Media and Communications