Globally Abroad furnishes each abroad program with travel medical insurance. Most national insurance companies provide adequate coverage while in the US, however, most plans are not created to accommodate the support and coverage required for international travel. Which is why we’ve partnered with International Medical Group® (IMG) to provide exceptional coverage while abroad. (IMG) is an award-winning provider of global insurance benefits and assistance services. Through their plans, together we help our participants protect their trip investment from the unexpected medical emergencies abroad.
- Eligible Medical Expenses – Up to the maximum limit
- Physician Visits / Services– Up to the maximum limit
- Hospital Emergency Room: Outside the U.S – Up to the maximum limit
- Hospitalization / Room & Board – Average semi-private room rate up to the maximum limit. Includes nursing service.
- Intensive Care – Up to the maximum limit
- Prescriptions – Up to the maximum limit
- Emergency Reunion– $100,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
- Natural Disaster Evacuation– $25,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
- Political Evacuation & Repatriation– $100,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
- Return of Mortal Remains or Cremation/Burial– Up to the maximum limit for return of mortal remains or ashes to country of residence, or $5,000 maximum limit for cremation or local burial at the place of death. Not subject to deductible
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)– $50,000 principal sum. Not subject to deductible
- Dental Treatment – $300 maximum limit due to dental accident or unexpected pain to sound natural teeth. Subject to deductible and coinsurance
- Emergency Eye Examination – $150 maximum limit. $50 deductible per occurrence. Subject to coinsurance
- Identity Theft – $500 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
- Lost Luggage – $50 per item, $500 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
- Natural Disaster – $250 per day and maximum limit of five days for accommodations. Not subject to deductible
- Terrorism – $50,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
- Trip Interruption – $10,000 maximum limit. Not subject to deductible
To view the full coverage detail of the Patriot International Platinum policy click here.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Although every participant is covered with travel medical insurance, this is not to be confused with travel insurance. Travel medical insurance is a short-term insurance policy specifically designed to cater to health reasons. Travel insurance is a type of short-term insurance which protects the financial investment in a trip and may include coverage for lost baggage, trip cancellation, flight accident, and/or other losses incurred before or while traveling. Should your trip be canceled or interrupted for a covered reason, a travel insurance policy will reimburse you for the eligible pre-paid and non-refundable portions of your trip.
We hope that all of our participants can accompany Globally Abroad on our journey. Unfortunately, circumstances can arise that could cause you to cancel or interrupt your program. We understand how disappointing it is to be forced to cancel your trip prior to departing. To avoid financial and emotional anxiety, we encourage participants to take advantage of our recommended trip cancellation and interruption protection through our partnered provider, World Nomad. Get a FREE quote below.
Please note: All of the information provided about travel insurance is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the travel insurance plans described. Coverage may not be available for residents of all countries, states or provinces. Please carefully read your policy wording for a full description of coverage.